The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modihas given its ex-post facto approvalto the Memorandum of Understanding signed between India and Romania in the field of tourism. The MoU was signed in September, 2018 during the visit of the Vice-President of India to Romania.
The main objectives of the Memorandum of Understanding are:
- a) To expand bilateral cooperation in the tourism sector
- b) To exchange information and data related to tourism. To encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including Hotels and Tour operators.
- c) Investment in the Tourism and Hospitality sectors
- d) To exchange visits of Tour Operators / Media /Opinion Makers for promotion of two way tourism
- e) To exchange experiences in the areas of promotion, marketing, destination development and management.
- f) Foster bilateral cooperation through film tourism for promoting the two countries as attractive tourism destinations and
- g) To promote safe, honourable and sustainable tourism.
- h) Facilitate the movement of tourism between the two countries
Romania is a potential tourism markets for India (India received approximately 11844 tourists from Romania in 2017). The signing of Memorandum of Understanding with Romania will be instrumental in increasing arrival from this source market.
India and Romania have enjoyed a strong diplomatic and long economic relationship. The two parties now desiring to strengthen and further develop the established relationship have signed a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Tourism, Government of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Tourism Government for the Romania for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.